Percentage of patients aged 18 years and older who were screened for tobacco use one or more times within 24 months AND who received cessation counseling intervention if identified as a tobacco user
Denominator: All patients aged 18 years and older.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
Numerator: Patients who were screened for tobacco use at least once within 24 months AND who received tobacco cessation intervention if identified as a tobacco user.
- Smoking Status is entered in History >Social History. Place a checkbox in front of the best answer.
- Tobacco Cessation Counseling (Age 12+): Cessation Counseling Provided is documented under Care Checklist on the date that it was discussed with the patient which should be the date of the note.
- If there was a Medical, Patient or System Reason for not providing a topical preparation, please indicate on the Exclusion Section. See How to document an exclusion.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.