Percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes who had a hemoglobin A1c>9.0% during the measurement period.
Inverse Measure: A lower calculated performance rate for this measure indicates better clinical care or control.
Denominator: All patients aged 18-75 years of age with diabetes with a visit during the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- The diagnosis of Diabetes is entered in the patient’s Problem List. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
- Make sure to add a Start Date to the problem.
Numerator: Patients whose most recent HbA1c level (performed during the measurement period) is >9.0%.
- Hemoglobin A1c needs to be ordered through eLabs under Labs/Studies. See Create a Lab Order Request.
- Provider will need to sign the returned results. See Review and Sign eLab Results.
- Hemoglobin results > 9.0%, these patients will be included in the numerator.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.