Kareo Engage Release Notes December 19, 2019
- Last updated
Save as PDF
In December 2019, your Kareo Engage account will be upgraded to the latest version.
Kareo Kiosk on Android
The Kareo Kiosk app is an easy to use and intuitive experience for capturing patient demographics, contact information, financial details, signed consent forms, and medical histories in the office.
All the practice needs to do is download Kareo Kiosk onto their office’s Android mobile device (e.g., tablet) and scan the provided QR code within the patient’s appointment to get started. It’s as easy as that and takes less than 30 seconds to get a patient set up to fill out their paperwork!
Download the Kareo Kiosk app from the Play Store using a supported Android device running Android 7 or later.
- Enable Screen Pinning on the device to prevent patients from navigating away from the app.
- Open the Kareo Kiosk app and login with your Kareo email credentials.
- Tap Let's get started! to pin the app. The Pin Screen confirmation screen opens.
- Tap Ok. The Scan Patient Intake QR Code screen opens.
Prepare Patient Intake
- From the Dashboard, click on the patient's appointment to view the appointment card.
- Click on the Patient Intake more options icon, then select Start Intake on Kiosk. The QR code pop-up window opens.
Note: For this option to display, the patient intake must be sent to the patient first.
- Hold the device so the QR code appears in the camera viewfinder. Once scanned, the Patient Intake screen opens and is ready for the patient.
Hand the patient the device to begin the Patient Intake.
- The patient enters their date of birth for verification and taps Submit. The Patient Intake screen opens.
- The patient taps Get Started to complete the forms.
- Once submitted, the patient hands the device back to the front office.
The submitted patient intake is now ready for review in the web app.
Patient Intake: Section Selection
Front office staff can now select which section(s) to include when sending the Patient Intake form to the patient. This new feature gives the office staff the control to send sections they need updated or new forms to be signed without the patient having to complete the entire patient intake form again.
Select Patient Intake Sections
- Create a New Patient Appointment.
- Click the Select additional forms drop-down.
- Click to select "Profile Forms", "Consent Forms", and/or "Medical Intake Forms" to send all forms under the section.
- Or click to select individual form(s).
- Available sections and forms:
- Profile Forms
- Basic Information
- Emergency Contact
- Financial Information
- Additional Information
- Consent Forms
- Medical Intake Forms
- Medication & Allergy
- Past Medical History
- Family History
- Social History
- Surgical History
- Implantable Devices
- Verify the patient's email address and click Save Appointment. The appointment is created and the patient intake is sent via email.
- Fixed an issue where merged Patient Intake was not syncing with the Desktop Application