We improve the Kareo Desktop Application every day by releasing new features, making enhancements, squashing bugs, and delivering fresh documentation. Here's an account of what's recently happened with Kareo Billing.
Claims Rejection Self Service
Customers will now clearly be able to see what claim was rejected and why.
- Clearinghouse rejection reports now have hyperlinks to articles on our Help Center with instructions on how to correct rejections.
- We will now highlight the specific “rejection” in Blue and add an icon next to it where it will hyperlink to a Help article that’s specific to that rejection and also provides information towards the resolution of it.
- Please note Hyperlinks will only apply to clearinghouse rejections NOT Kareo internal validation errors.
- Edit Claim window will have a “Fix Rejection” button that will provide hyperlinks to articles on our Help Center with instructions on how to correct rejections
- Right click > View Details > will show details but will NOT have hyperlinks to articles.
Edit Claim window will have a “Fix Rejection” button that will provide hyperlinks to articles on our Help Center with instructions on how to correct rejections.
Right click > View Details > will show details but will NOT have hyperlinks to articles.
Provider Settings Warning
We now provide a confirmation (warning) when changes are made to the “Edit Provider” screen alerting users of the potential impact on insurance claims.
- Warnings added to “Edit Provider” window in Desktop Application (PM).
- A confirmation warning will appear when saving any changes.
PM Setup Wizard Zip Code Lookup
We have updated the PM Setup Wizard so it will be able to do a zip code lookup. The Setup Wizard populates the zip code and extension to ensure it's accurate and will ultimately prevent zip code rejections from 3rd party payers.
- We updated the Desktop Application Setup Wizard zip code lookup tool.
New Group Enrollment
- The Enrollment Wizard will now differentiate between Group vs. Individual enrollments.
- We will now be able to add Insurance companies first and then enroll for services after 24 hours when status is “available”.
- If enrollments are required for services like Claims, ERA’s, Eligibility the system will automatically set the status to “ineligible”, after 24 hours the status will change to “available” and then customer can initiate enrollments.
Notes Show on Authorization List
This feature enhancement addresses instances when customers add any authorizations or add a list of them for patients.
- Notes associated with authorizations are now visible in the "notes" column when viewing the patient authorization list.
AR Aging Report Enhancements
Before this feature enhancement, the “unapplied” column was “unchecked” by default.
- The "unapplied" column in the A/R Aging report is now included in the default settings.
Notable Bugs / Improvements
- Fixed error that appeared during payment posting, when searching for patient with the option set for Add Encounter.
- Fixed issues that were found in Encounter Forms when in customization layout.