Kareo continues to enhance the customer experience by releasing new features, making enhancements, squashing bugs, and delivering fresh documentation. Here's an update of the recent product improvements we've made with Kareo Billing, so you can easily stay up to date on what's new!
Taxonomy Code Sync between Web Platform and Desktop Application
With this enhancement, user information is synced between the Kareo platform and desktop application. When adding a taxonomy code to a provider record in the Kareo Platform, the taxonomy identification number entered will auto-populate in the desktop application. This new feature enhancement allows users to obtain taxonomy codes automatically for referring providers, similar to how taxonomy codes are generated for rendering providers in the Kareo platform.
From the Kareo platform, navigate to Practice Settings > Misc > Referring Providers > add a new referring provider.
Enter the Individual NPI and click Look Up to populate the information and save.
You can see from the example below from the Kareo desktop application, Settings tab > Other Lists > Find Referring Physician. Click on the physician's name that has been previously added to in the Kareo platform and you will see the taxonomy code auto-populated within the specialty field.
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to send patient statements for printing.
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to attach an existing document already in the PM to a patient record.
- Fixed an issue where the Guarantor Address Field in the Patient Account within the PM did not save the "hyphen" when inputting a full 9-Digit zip code.
- Fixed an issue where manually entered ICD Codes were not populating in the EDI/Claim.
- Fixed an issue where printing re-opened claims in batch produced an incorrect total where it totaled all claims instead of each claim separately. This fix allowed customers to be able to print each claim separately instead of in batch.
- Fixed an issue where new Kareo Accounts (created post convergence 5/9/2016) with Converged Users did not have the option to toggle between user roles 'Medical Office User' and 'Business Office User' in order to provide users with the correct "To-do list" on the PM practice dashboard.
- Fixed an issue where the "Merge Insurance Companies" function was incorrectly altering practice settings. This was resulting in billing issues which could have potentially lead to a loss of revenue and wasted time for the customer.
- Fixed an issue where the "Charges Detail Report" was not reflecting all RVU values. This was potentially causing users to be unable to run the report and have all the data be shown as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the Master Audit Log was showing inactive/invalid users listed in the user dropdown menu.
- Fixed an issue where the service location was getting popluated with the practice name instead of the patient's last visit date when printing the encounter form.
- Fixed an issue where error messages were received when users were submitting Superbills from the platform to the desktop.