Billing Release Notes June 21, 2018
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo continues to enhance the customer experience by releasing new features, making enhancements, squashing bugs, and delivering fresh documentation. Here's an update of the recent product improvements we've made with Kareo Billing, so you can easily stay up to date on what's new!
We are adding three new API services for integration:
- Create Payment
- Update Encounter Status
- Get Encounter Details and Status
Add Same Procedure Code on Charge Capture
When creating a new charge, users can add the same procedure code for different dates of service.
- Adding the same procedure code multiple times for the same date of service will display an error: "Duplicate Procedures cannot be added".
- Log into https://app.kareo.com.
- Hover over the Billing icon and select Charges. The Charges window opens.
- Click +New Charge in the upper right of the window. The New Charge page opens.
- Enter the patient's name in the Find Patient field and select it from the auto-populated results.
- The Date of Service fields default to the current date. Click in the Date of Service fields to change the date, if necessary.
- Click in the Procedure field. Saved code favorites display. Select a code favorite or enter the first characters of the code number or description and select from the auto-populated list.
- Continue to populate the charge to create a draft encounter in the Desktop Application.
Key Indicator Summary Beta Filter or Group by Department
The Key Indicator Summary Beta report now has the ability to group or filter results by Department.
- Click Reports > Key Indicators > Key Indicator Summary Beta.
- Click Customize.
- Select Department in the Group by drop-down or click Department to select a specific department.
- Click Ok.
Enrollments Dashboard Status Update and Activity History by Payer
The enhanced Enrollments Dashboard has new statuses and activity history by payer with transaction types to quickly determine the enrollment progress. This is important because it provides customers a real-time progress report of key enrollment milestones that are in flight.
This will also improve the transparency of the Kareo insurance enrollments process so that customers have a better understanding and expectation of enrollments.
The Enrollments Dashboard will merge into Settings > Insurance > Insurance Companies.
Going to Settings > Enrollments will display the message to the right.
The menu options Settings > Insurance > New Insurance Company and Find Insurance Company has merged into
Settings > Insurance > Insurance Companies.
View Enrollment Dashboard
- Click Settings > Insurance > Insurance Companies.
- Enrolled to: Group or by provider
- Scope: All, All Practices, or Practice Specific
- "Only show enrollments in progress"
- Click this option to show insurance companies with status Pending Insurance, Pending Customer or On Hold.
- Search: Quickly find an insurance company by name or ID number.
- New statuses have been added to elimination enrollment status confusion:
- Enrollment Required - this status will replace the previous label "Available" to be more specific.
- Request Received - when the enrollment has been submitted to Kareo.
- In Progress - when the Enrollment Team is triaging the case.
- Click Track Enrollment for additional details.
- Transactions: Click on a transaction type to view details.
- If the status is Ready, the message will show: This enrollment does not require payer submission. Your enrollment is ready.
- Message: This banner will display when the status is Pending Practice alerting the customer that an action is required.
- Tracker: A progress bar will quickly show the status of each enrollment by payer and transaction type.
- Case Number: The case number related to this payer enrollment.
- View Activity History: Click on this option to view activity history per payer and transaction types with the following information:
- Date/time when case is created
- Date/time when status is changed
- Date/time when customer task is created
- Date/time when expected payer response is changed