Billing Release Notes May 21, 2020
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo continues to enhance the customer experience by releasing new features, making enhancements, squashing bugs, and delivering fresh documentation. Here's an update of the recent product improvements we've made with Kareo Billing, so you can easily stay up to date on what's new!
Enrollments Dashboard Enhancements
The Enrollments Dashboard loads faster and finding an insurance company is easier with the new feature enhancements.
- Click Settings > Insurance > Insurance Companies. The Insurance Companies window opens.
Note: The Insurance Companies window is also known as the Enrollments Dashboard.
- Enhanced features:
- Enroll: Click to enroll for available electronic services with one or more insurance companies.
- Draft Enrollment: Click to continue a previously saved but unfinished enrollment request.
- Status: Filter insurance companies by a specific enrollment status (e.g., Not Available, Enrollment Required, Request Received) and relevant type (e.g., All, Claims, Eligibility, ERA).
- Updated enrollment statuses:
- Approved: Claims and eligibility requests can be sent immediately.
- Action Required: The practice needs to take additional action(s). Check emails for further instructions.
- ERA Received: The payer approved enrollment and ERAs were received in Kareo.
- Pending First ERA: The payer approved enrollment and Kareo is pending receipt of the first ERA file.
- Expired: The practice has not taken action to complete the enrollment and 45 days has passed.
- Clear: Click to clear the selected filters.
- Search: When entering all or part of an insurance company name or payer ID, the option to show all results is now available.
- Track Enrollments: Click the arrow to expand or collapse additional details.
- Pagination: Each page displays 15 insurance companies. Use the arrows to navigate forward or back.
- To help comply with Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) regulations and also reduce patient opt-outs, the Text Balance Reminders feature is restricted from Midnight - 3:00 AM for all time zones.
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to approve encounters associated with the Payer Scenario of Unpayable
- Fixed an issue where users running reports experienced timeout errors or latency
- Fixed an issue where users experienced latency accessing encounters, appointments, and patients
- Fixed an issue where changes made to the date of birth under the Responsible Party section did not save
- Fixed an issue where patient balances rounded to whole dollars in the Send Patient Statements wizard
- Fixed an issue where users were able to delete system-generated Payer Scenarios