January 5, 2016
Starting January 5, 2016 your Kareo EHR account will be updated to include 2016 procedure codes and modifier files. These updates provide the tools you need to go into 2016 prepared for billing and reimbursement changes. For more information, see the details below.
Procedure Code and Procedure Modifier File Updates
Updated procedure code and modifier files have been implemented in your software. Additions include:
- New 2016 Current Procedural Terminology 4th Edition (CPT-4) Codes
- New 2016 Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Level II Codes
- New 2016 Procedure Modifier Codes (HCPCS Level II)
REMINDER! Mandatory Upgrade to Labs & Studies Version 2.0 in January!
Your practice will be automatically upgraded to Kareo EHR Labs & Studies Version 2.0 the week of January 11, 2016. Hence, your practice must complete our new eLearning on or before January 8, 2016. Labs & Studies Version 2.0 features include:
- Overall improvements to the core Labs & Studies workflows including ordering, processing, sign-off, and follow-up to improve efficiency and usability
- Clearer, more actionable Labs & Studies statuses to see what’s immediately actionable for you, and also see what’s going on across your entire practice
- Electronic end-to-end order, results, and follow-up tracking to make sure Labs & Studies don’t slip through the cracks, and patients get the care they deserve
- Smarter electronic orders and results matching algorithm to avoid duplicate orders mucking up the patient’s chart
For more information regarding Kareo EHR Labs & Studies Version 2.0, please review the following resources:
Bugs have been resolved for individual accounts and have been reported to those users.
Give Your Feedback
At Kareo, we continue working hard to make medical billing easy for you. Customer feedback drives our service and ensures we build the features that matter most to you, so your input is critical to us. Please submit your suggestions, challenges and ideas for our next release here – Give Feedback.