Activate Patient Payments
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo Patient Collect, also known as Patient Payments, gives practices the ability to click and swipe to post a payment and make a transaction immediately.
Stripe is a third-party vendor for secure business commerce that allows you to accept and process credit card payments over the Internet. In order for you to collect electronic payments, you must have a Stripe account.
- Balance reminders display on the Dashboard at patient check-in
- Securely take credit card payments and process directly through Kareo
- Email a receipt to the patient
- Send unlimited email and text statements
- Automatically deposits the payment into your practice's bank account
- If you have multiple practices, completely log out of all other practice's Kareo sessions and Stripe dashboards (if applicable) before setting up the additional Stripe account.
Access Kareo Patient Collect
- Hover over the User icon and click on Practice Settings. The Practice Settings page opens.
- Click Patient Payments. The Patient Payments page opens.
- Click Activate. The Kareo Patient Collect module page opens.
- Click Get Kareo Patient Collect. The Confirm Purchase page opens.
- To email or chat with an expert, click Get in Touch.
Purchase Kareo Patient Collect
- Click to select "I agree to activating Kareo Patient Portal" to enable Patient Portal.
Note: If the patient portal has been activated, the option will not display.
- Click Confirm to continue. The Setup Payments page opens.
Setup Payment Account
- Click Setup Payments. The Stripe page opens.
- To skip the payment account setup, click Do this later. System Administrators can complete the payment account setup later from the Patient Payment settings page.
- Complete the following sections of the Stripe form.
Note: For any questions or assistance regarding the form, click Contact on the bottom of the window to reach Stripe support.
- Business details: The general information about the business.
- Select the Country from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Business address and phone.
- Select the Type of business from the drop-down menu.
- Employer Identification Number (Optional): Enter the EIN or SSN for business tax purposes.
- Enter the Business website; otherwise, use a social media business profile.
- Select the Business description from the drop-down menu.
- Select when customers typically receive services from the drop-down menu.
- Individual or sole proprietor details: The individual or sole proprietor must activate their own account.
- Enter the Full name, Phone number, Date of birth, Last 4 digits of the SSN, and Home address.
- Credit card statement details: The information that may appear on bank or credit card statements and can be changed at any time.
- Enter the Statement descriptor (e.g., a recognizable business name to prevent disputes).
- Optionally, enter a Shortened descriptor for statements.
- Enter the Support phone number.
- Customer support address: Leave "Use business address" on or turn off to enter a different address.
- Bank details: The checking account under the legal owner or business name must be provided.
- Enter the Routing number, Account number, and Confirm account number.
- Two-step authentication: Strengthen the security of the Stripe account by protecting it with either a phone or authenticator app in addition to the password.
- To enter a mobile number and receive a text message, click Get text message.
- To download a free Google Authenticator app, add a new account, and scan a barcode or enter a code manually, click Use an authenticator app.
- Save your Stripe account: Enter the credentials used for accessing the Stripe account.
- Enter the Email and Password.
- Click Authorize access to this account. The Stripe form is completed.
Once Patient Payments is activated, purchase a card reader to begin collecting patient payments.
Note: Payments may still be collected without a card reader.