Add Provider and Staff Office Hours
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo offers features that help you manage patient appointments more efficiently. In Calendar Settings, you have the ability to create individual appointment schedules for non-provider members of your staff who see patients. In addition, you can set individualized office hours and breaks for both providers and staff that automatically appear in the calendar.
Note: Appointment schedules for providers are automatically created when a User Account is established, however, Office Hours must be manually configured.
Navigate to Office Hours
- Hover over the Platform icon in the upper left corner and click Calendar. The Calendar opens.
- Click Calendar Settings.
- Click Office Hours on the left menu.
Add Office Hours for Providers and Staff
- Providers: To add a provider's Office Hours, click Edit to the right of the provider's name.
- Staff: Under Staff Office Hours, click +New Staff to create a schedule and add Office Hours for a non-provider staff member.
- Enter information in the Office Hours window to set Office Hours and Breaks:
- Quick Pre-Sets:
- Select M-F, 9am-5pm to quickly create pre-set office hours for each day of the week. Once applied, these hours can be customized as needed.
- Click Blank Slate to clear all office hours and start over.
- Time Slots: Click +Time Slot and enter the hours and location to add an in-office time slot to the calendar. Multiple Time Slots can be created for each day.
- Breaks: Click +Break to add a break time slot. Enter in the length, description, and time when the Break starts. Multiple Breaks can be created for each day.
- Continue adding Office Hours for each day of the week. Do not add Time Slots or Breaks on days that the staff member is not in the office.
- Click the trash icon to remove a Time Slot or Break.
- Click Save & Finish when done.