Add Provider and Staff Office Hours
Save as PDF
Kareo offers features that help you manage patient appointments more efficiently. In Calendar Settings, you have the ability to create individual appointment schedules for non-provider members of your staff who see patients. In addition, you can set individualized office hours and breaks for both providers and staff that automatically appear in the calendar.
Note: Appointment schedules for providers are automatically created when a User Account is established, however, Office Hours must be manually configured.
Navigate to Office Hours
- Hover over the Platform icon in the upper left corner and click Calendar. The Calendar opens.
- Click Calendar Settings.
- Click Office Hours on the left menu.
Add Office Hours for Providers and Staff
- Providers: To add a provider's Office Hours, click Edit to the right of the provider's name.
- Staff: Under Staff Office Hours, click +New Staff to create a schedule and add Office Hours for a non-provider staff member.
- Enter information in the Office Hours window to set Office Hours and Breaks:
- Quick Pre-Sets:
- Select M-F, 9am-5pm to quickly create pre-set office hours for each day of the week. Once applied, these hours can be customized as needed.
- Click Blank Slate to clear all office hours and start over.
- Time Slots: Click +Time Slot and enter the hours and location to add an in-office time slot to the calendar. Multiple Time Slots can be created for each day.
- Breaks: Click +Break to add a break time slot. Enter in the length, description, and time when the Break starts. Multiple Breaks can be created for each day.
- Continue adding Office Hours for each day of the week. Do not add Time Slots or Breaks on days that the staff member is not in the office.
- Click the trash icon to remove a Time Slot or Break.
- Click Save & Finish when done.