Navigate the Patient Communications Page
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo's Patient Communications function saves you time and increases your practice's income by sending automated appointment reminders and survey requests to patients via email, text message, or phone. Patient Communications also enables patients to confirm appointments, which are then reflected in the Kareo Calendar.
Note: In order for a patient to receive communications:
- Automated patient communication preferences must be set on the Profile tab of the patient's Demographics page.
- Messages are sent to email, mobile phone, and home phone data entered on the Profile tab of the patient's Demographics page.
Access Patient Communications
- Hover over the Platform icon and click on Patient Communications. The Patient Communications page opens.
Note: If Patient Communications has not yet been activated, click Turn on patient communications when prompted.
Navigate Patient Communications
- Click the View As: drop-down arrow to view Patient Communications for a specific provider.
- The practice can send communications by Email, Text Message, or Phone Message.
- All three options are enabled by default.
- Click on a card to view which patient messages can be delivered using the communication type, record a custom greeting (Phone Messages only), or disable/enable the communication method.
- When Your Practice Can Send Messages:
- Communication method icons (email, text message, or phone) display on each appointment reminder type.
- Click on an patient message type to turn it on or off and access additional settings.
- Appointment reminders that are turned off display with a red border.