- Last updated
Save as PDF
Documents such as an image, PDF, or Word file can be uploaded to the Documents page or added through a patient's chart. You can also import Summary of Care information received from other providers and view it in both the patient's chart and in the practice's Documents.
- If you are integrated with Kareo Billing, documents you upload through Kareo Clinical, Kareo Billing, or the Mobile App are viewable in both systems. Uploaded documents are stored on the patient's Documents in Kareo Clinical and under Documents in Kareo Billing.
- Once a document is assigned to a patient, it cannot be changed to a different patient. If a document is assigned to a patient in error, delete the document and start again.
- Up to 20 documents can be uploaded at one time.
- The size of a file cannot exceed 10MB.
- Hover over the Platform icon and click on Documents. The Documents page opens.
- Click +Upload. Your computer's document library opens.
- Find and select the document(s) to upload. Then, click Open. The Upload Documents pop-up window opens.
- Enter the document information:
- Name: The uploaded file name auto-populates as the document name. If necessary, enter a different name for the document.
- Label: Select a document type from the drop-down.
- Status: The status automatically defaults to New. Click the drop-down and select a different status, if desired. (In-Process or Processed)
- Date: The current date auto-populates by default. Click the calendar icon and update the original date of the document, if different.
- Patient (optional): To associate a patient with the document, begin typing the patient's name and select it from the auto-populated results.
- Provider: Only applicable when uploading referral related documents to meet the Promoting Interoperability Receive and Incorporate measure. Click to select the corresponding provider who sent the referral.
- Notes (optional): Enter any additional information related to the document.
- Click Upload when finished. The document displays on the Documents page and the patient's Documents page, if applicable.