New Patient Appointment
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Schedule patient appointments in Kareo to manage and organize the practice’s daily agenda.
Open the Calendar
Open the calendar to schedule an appointment.
- Select the desired date on the calendar.
- Click New Appointment. The Calendar page opens to the weekly view of the selected date.
- Select a Provider, Staff, or Resource from the drop-down.
- Double-click the desired time slot. The New Appointment page opens.
Schedule a New Appointment
- Search for a patient.
- Existing Patient: Begin entering the patient's name and click on the patient's name when it appears.
- New Patient: If the patient record is not found, select Click to create new patient record to add a patient record.
- Select a Visit Reason from the drop-down menu.
- Adjust the appointment Duration if necessary.
- Select a pre-set or custom recurring appointment option if necessary.
Note: appointment reminders will not be sent for recurring appointments.
- If your practice has multiple locations, select a Service Location from the drop-down menu.
- Add an optional note about the appointment. Appointment notes will carry over to the chief complaint in a patient’s note.
- The selected provider is auto-populated from the time slot selected from the calendar or search for and select a provider.
- The provider's availability displays under their name: Available, Conflicts with another appointment, or Outside office hours.
- Search for and select a staff member if necessary. Multiple staff members may be selected.
- The staff's availability displays under their name: Available, Conflicts with another appointment, or Outside office hours.
- Search for and select a room/equipment if necessary. Multiple rooms and equipments may be selected.
- The room and equipment availability displays under their name: Available or Conflicts with another appointment.
- Billing Details:
- Balance: Patient balance or credit displays (Billing subscribers only).
- Insurance Case: Select a case and review the insurance information with the patient.
- Policy: Policy information of the selected case.
- Effective: The policy start and end dates.
- Copay: The copay amount.
- Authorizations: If available, the number of visits remaining for the authorization.
- Eligibility: Eligibility status shows, if available. (Billing subscribers only).
- Click the more options icon to select the option to View Report or Check Eligibility.
- Click to email the "Patient Intake" form to the patient (Engage subscribers only).
- Click the Select additional forms drop-down to select forms to send with the patient intake.
- Click Save Appointment when finished.