Create a Group Note
- Last updated
- 16:42, 9 May 2016
Save as PDF
For group appointments, you can create a Group Note directly from the appointment in the Calendar or from the appointment card on the Agenda. You can create a shared note that applies to the entire group or create individual ones for each patient attending the appointment.
Note: To schedule a Group Appointment and create a Group Note, the Group Appointments function must first be enabled.
Navigate to Group Appointment
From the Dashboard (day of appointment only)
- Hover over the Platform icon and select Agenda. The Agenda opens.
- Click the group appointment on the Agenda to open the appointment card.
- Click Create Group Note at the bottom of the appointment card. The Group Note window opens.
From the Calendar
- Hover over the Platform icon and click Calendar. The Calendar opens.
- Locate the appointment and click on it to open. The Add Attendees window opens.
- Click Create Group Note at the bottom. The Group Note window opens.
Create Group Note
- Add Appointment Notes if desired. Notes entered here are related to the appointment and are not added to patient charts.
- By default, all attendees are marked as being present at the appointment with a checkmark next to each patient's name. To mark a patient as absent, check the box to clear it.
- Click the dollar icon to collect the patient's payment.
- Click the trash icon to remove the patient from the Group Appointment.
- Edit the Session Details if necessary. These are added to the note.
- Add a Shared Note if desired. A shared note applies to the entire group and is not intended to be changed for individual patients.
- Add Individual Notes if desired. Each note will be saved as an unsigned clinical note in the patient's chart.
- Click Send to Patient Charts when finished. Click Save Notes to Charts in the Note Saving Warning window. The notes are now added to the patient charts. Any editing or signing of notes must be done through each patient's individual chart.