- Last updated
- 14:00, 9 May 2016
Save as PDF
When entering vitals through the patient's chart, note that if the vitals were recorded through accessing the Vitals tab, they may be edited within 24 hours of the initial entry. If the vitals were recorded through an encounter note, they may be edited until the note is signed.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Vitals
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Vitals in the left menu. The Vitals page opens.
Vitals can also be accessed by opening an encounter note and clicking on the Vitals link.
- Click + Vitals at the top right. The New Vitals window opens.
- Select the date and time that the vitals are being recorded.
- The Created by field is auto-populated with the name of the user who is entering the vitals.
- Enter the results into each Vitals field.
- Type any comments, if desired.
- Click Save. The vitals are added to the Vitals List.