Generate Clinical Summary
Save as PDF
A Clinical Summary of the patient's visit can be generated before or after a note is signed and must be given to the patient. The Clinical Summary includes specific information from the note, such as the assessment and the plan. A provider can choose which items to include in the summary.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Notes
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Notes in the left menu. The Notes page opens.
- Open an existing note.
Generate a Clinical Summary
Click the Actions drop-down menu and select Clinical Summary. The Clinical Summary window opens.
- Check all items you want to have included in the summary.
- Select to either print the summary or download it as an XML file.
- If the patient declines the summary, you must indicate this by marking "No."
- A copy of the summary can be saved to Documents in the Kareo EHR and saved to the Patient Portal where the patient can access it.