Add a Problem in a Note
Save as PDF
A problem can be added to a note based on various scenarios:
- A problem the patient had in the past that has resolved (designated as Inactive)
- A problem that was diagnosed some time ago for which the patient is still being treated (designated as Active)
- A newly diagnosed problem (designated as Active).
Navigate to Patient Chart / Notes
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Notes in the left menu. The Notes page opens.
- Open an existing note or create a new one.
Add a Problem to a Note
- Click Assessment to open the Assessment box.
- Click Include Problems. The Include Problems window opens displaying the patient's list of problems.
- Check the box next to one or more problems you want to add and click Include. You can also click + Problem to add a new one. The problem is now added to the note in the Assessment section.
When adding a problem to a note, it is added to the Plan section to allow for writing a plan specific to each problem identified for the patient. Click on the newly added problem to add a specific plan for it.
- Click Save & Close when finished.