Using Templates Within a Note
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo templates provide an efficient and thorough way to document encounter notes. You'll find templates available in various sections throughout the encounter note. The easy-to-use checklist format generates text for the items you select and automatically adds them to the note.
Navigate to a Note
- Enter the first 2-3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart opens to the Face Sheet.
- Click Notes on the left menu. The Notes page opens.
- Open an existing note or create a new one.
Use Note Templates
- In the note, click on a section name to open the text box. (See available template sections.)
- Click Template. The template Default list opens.
- Click Default at the top of the list to view and select a specific template (optional). Checklist options will change based on the template selected.
- Click on an item with an arrow to view more options.
- Click on the appropriate checklist items to add them to the note.
- Use the number pad to add the appropriate value for numeric-based items and click Save when finished.
- Click the gray plus and minus buttons to indicate the presence or absence of a condition. When selected, the plus button changes to green and the minus button changes to red.
- For items that provide a blank field, type information and click Save to finish.
- Click Close in the bottom right of the template window when finished making your selections. Your selected template options now appear in the section of the note.
- Click in the section text box to edit any of the information, if necessary.
- Click Default at the top of the list to view and select a specific template from the drop-down menu (optional).
- The Exam type changes based on the template selected.
- Use the 1-Click normal exams option to quickly indicate normal findings.
- Click the "Check All" box to select all items, if desired. Then click individual boxes in the list to deselect them, as necessary.
- Any Medications, Labs, or Imaging selected in the Template indicate a treatment plan only and do not generate a prescription or lab order.
- Click Medications to prescribe a medication or click Labs/Studies to create a lab order for the patient.