Add Medication to Patient Med List
- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Medications List captures a patient's past and present medications — including those not ordered by your office. Kareo Clincal checks for drug-drug interactions (DDI) and drug-allergy interactions (DAI) for all active medications. If the patient is not taking any medications, mark the "No known medications" box. You can also manage medications through the Plan section of a note.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Medications
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Medications in the left menu. The Active Medications page displays.
Add a Medication
- Click + Med List at the upper right of the page.
- Enter medication information and click Save & Close or Save & Add Another.
- Status: Optional. Specify whether the medication is "Active" (patient is still taking it) or "Discontinued" (patient is no longer taking it).
- Drug: Choose a drug using one of the following methods:
- Select a drug from the Favorites drop-down menu (displays your most frequently prescribed drugs).
- Type in the Drug field to see a list of drugs that begin with the first three letters you typed; select from the list displayed. If a drug is not in the list, a "Create custom drug" link displays; click to add as a custom drug.
- Click Browse to choose a drug from an alphabetical list; select from Class > Subclass > Drugs.
- Click Add more details to include information such as instructions, quantity, refill, prescriber, and date started. Note that this section must be completed if a medication will be renewed.
- Drug Info/Warnings: Information and warnings about the drug.
- Administered During Visit: Check this box If the medication was administered during the patient visit.