View a Patient Drug Formulary
- Last updated
- 13:35, 9 May 2016
Save as PDF
A formulary is a list of prescription drugs covered by a drug benefit plan. Patients pay co-pays for drugs that are on formulary, and for drugs that are not on formulary, patients must pay a larger percentage of the cost of the drug. When a formulary plan has been added to a patient's chart, providers can easily decide between drugs by viewing the formulary information.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Medications
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart opens.
- Click Medications in the left menu. The Active Medications page displays.
View Patient Formulary Plan
When prescribing medication or adding to the Med List, the Formulary tab is visible to the right of the window making it easy to review and compare drug information.
- Click + Prescription or + Med List.
- Type the first three letters of the medication name in the Drug field to see a list of drugs that match the letters you typed. Then select from the list displayed.
- Click the Formulary tab. The drug list displays for the patient's plan.
- Continue with the prescription or medications workflow.