Enroll for ePrescribing
- Last updated
- 08:46, 8 Jun 2016
Save as PDF
ePrescribing reduces time spent on the phone and faxing pharmacies, and streamlines refill requests and authorization processes. As a provider, you can enroll in ePrescribing through Kareo Clinical at no additional charge. When you enroll, an ePrescribing Enrollment Wizard takes you through a simple credentialing process where you will be asked to enter information to help verify and authenticate your NPI number, identity, and medical practice.
Kareo Clinical ePresciption transactions are administered by Surescripts.® Even if you have enrolled with Surescripts in the past, you must complete the enrollment process to set up ePrescribing in Kareo Clinical. Enrollment is done on an individual (not group) basis and can only be completed by a provider when logged into Kareo Clinical using Provider credentials.
Access the ePrescribing Enrollment Wizard
From the Patient Chart / Medications Tab
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Medications in the left menu. The Active Medications page displays.
- Click + Prescription. The ePrescribing Enrollment banner displays.
- Click Enroll Now to open the enrollment wizard.
From the Patients Page
- Hover over the Platform icon and select Patients. The Patients page displays.
- The ePrescribing Enrollment banner displays at the top.
Enroll for ePrescribing
- Click Get Started on the Enroll for ePrescribing pop-up window.
- Enter your information to complete the Personal Info and Practice Info sections. Note that you must enter your individual (not group) NPI number.
- Enter the practice location address. Your address and NPI are used to verify whether you are a new or existing provider with Surescripts. The address you enter is also used for your ePrescriptions.
- Click Next.
| || |
- Review the information and click Yes, it's me if everything is correct. If the information is incorrect, click No, it's not me and go back to the previous screen to confirm you've entered the information correctly.
- Click on the correct answer for each of the four identity verification questions.
- Click Submit.
- Click Okay, thanks on the final confirmation window.