Congrats on completing the EPCS Identity‐Vetting Enrollment Process! The next step to finalizing the ability to start prescribing is to authenticate the provider user in the Kareo Platform.
A System Admin will need to complete the steps below with the prescribing provider ready with the EPCS token and passphrase.
Navigate to Electronic Prescribing
- Hover over the User icon and click on Practice Settings. The Practice Settings page opens.
- Click Clinical on the left menu. Additional setting options expands.
- Click Electronic Prescribing. The Electronic Prescribing page opens.
- Click Manage Controlled Prescribing. The Logical Access Control page opens.
Authorize the Provider
- Click "Active" to activate epcs for the provider.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter the Individual NPI, then click Validate.
- Once validated, select a device from the drop-down.
- Enter the passphrase.
- Enter the pin from the token.
- Click Authorize.
The provider is now ready to start ePrescribing controlled substances.