Drug-Allergy Interaction (DAI) Alert
- Last updated
Save as PDF
A Drug-Allergy Interaction alert message appears when a prescribed drug has the potential to interact with an allergen listed in a patient's allergy profile. There are three Drug-Allergy Alert security levels: Severe, Moderate, and Mild. Based on your Drug-Allergy Alert notification settings (in prescription preferences), you have the following choices when an alert appears:
- Select an Override Reason and proceed with the prescription.
- Override the alert and proceed with the prescription without selecting an override reason.
- Cancel the prescription and choose an alternate drug.
- This Presciption: Name of drug you are prescribing.
- Active Patient Allergy: Allergen in the patient's Active Allergies list that interacts with the drug being prescribed.
- DAI Severity: Severity level of interaction.
- Details: Provides information about the drug-allergy interaction.
- Override Reason: Override the alert by selecting the appropriate check box(es). Depending on your Drug-Allergy Interaction settings, you may not be required to select an Override Reason to continue prescribing the drug.
- "Don't show this alert again": Check this box to turn off future alerts for this Drug-Allergy Interaction.
- Cancel Rx: Cancels the prescription in progress.
- Continue Rx: Based on your Drug-Allergy Interactio n settings, click to continue prescribing the drug with or without selecting an Override Reason.