Allergy Profile (Add an Allergy)
- Last updated
- 13:57, 9 May 2016
Save as PDF
If the patient does not have any allergies, mark either the "No known allergies" or "No known medication allergies" box. Note that the system will date and timestamp any updates and include the name of the user who updated the information. The Kareo EHR allergen database includes medications and medication components only; therefore, if you need to add a food or environmental allergen, create a custom allergy.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Allergies
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Allergies in the left menu. The Allergies page opens.
Add an Allergy
- Click + Allergy at the top right. The New Allergen window opens.
- Enter information for the Allergen and click Save or Save & Add Another.
- Allergen: Start typing the allergen; a list will appear from which to choose. If the allergen does not appear in the list, you can create a custom allergen; note that custom allergens are not included in drug-allergy interaction checking.
- Reaction(s): Start typing the reaction; a list will appear from which to choose. If the reaction is not in the list, simply enter it. Repeat for each reaction.
- Allergy severities: Select the severity from the drop-down menu.
- Date of Onset: Enter a date when the allergy began, if known.
- Comments: Enter any notes, if desired.