Invite Patient to Patient Portal
- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Patient Portal is a function provided to comply with Meaningful Use. Patients who are activated can view their problems, allergies, medications, lab results and vital signs. They can also manage their accounts, message their providers, and authorize access for a guest to view their account. Once a patient has been activated, he or she will receive an invitation email with instructions to register.
Once a patient is activated, providers can securely send and receive messages using the Patient Message function at the top taskbar of the patient chart.
Navigate to Patient Chart / Patient Portal
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top search box on the Dashboard.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart / Face Sheet opens.
- Click Demographics on the left menu. The patient's Demographics page opens.
- Click the Patient Portal tab. The Patient Portal page opens.
Invite a Patient to the Patient Portal
- Check the "Activate Account" box.
- Enter the patient's email address and click Invite.
- The Account status will change as follows:
- Activated on: A Pending status indicates the invitation email is in the queue to be sent from Kareo Clinical (approximately five minutes). A Sent status indicates the email has been sent. A date displays when the patient has accepted the invitation.
- Patient Registered on: A Pending status indicates the patient has not yet completed the activation. A date displays when the patient has registered.
- Last Log in on: A date indicates the last time the patient has accessed Patient Portal. A never status would mean the patient has not yet accessed Patient Portal.
Patient Portal View
Through the Patient Portal, patients can view their problems, allergies, medications, lab results, and vital signs. They can also manage their accounts, message their providers, and authorize access for a guest to view their account.
- Patient's Health Records page with current care information.
- A patient can take multiple actions regarding his health information.
- View Health Records: This is a view of the Summary of Care.
- Download Health Record: The patient can save the Summary of Care to his computer as a CCD file and an HTML file.
- Send to New Doctor: The patient can send the Summary of Care to another provider.
- Returns the patient to the Patient Portal Dashboard.
- Access to the Health Records page.
- Send messages to, and receive messages from, a provider.
- Access patient billing and online payments.
- Access to account settings (email, password), authorize a guest, and an account activity log.