Review Rx Eligibility
- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Rx Eligibility tab in a patient's record shows the patient's medication coverage.
An Rx eligibility check will run for a patient when a provider with an NPI prescribes a medication, performs a medication history check, or visit the Rx Eligibility tab in a patient's account. The information is pulled from Surescripts using the patient's name, date of birth, address, and gender.
Available for Kareo Clinical subscribers.
Access and Review Rx Eligibility
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name or date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy) in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's record opens to the Face Sheet.
- Click Account. The Account page opens.
- Click the Rx Eligibility tab. The Rx Eligibility page opens.
- Review Rx Eligibility:
- Status: Displays if the coverage is Active or Inactive.
- Plan Name: Medication coverage plan name
- Rx PCN: Associated plan number.
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PMB): Administers the prescription program for the plan.
- Last Checked: Date of the last eligibility check.
- Pharmacy Coverage: Displays the plan coverage for Retail, Mail Order, Specialty, and Long Term Care.
- Mismatched Demographic Info: Error messages will display if there is a discrepancy in the patient information.