Add Secondary Insurance Policy
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Additional insurance policies can be added to an existing insurance case through the Account tab in the patient's record.
Access Patient Insurance Case
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name or date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy) in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's record opens to the Face Sheet.
- Click Account. The Account page opens.
- Click the Insurance tab. The Insurance page opens.
- Click Edit. The Edit Insurance Case page opens.
Add Secondary Policy
- Click + Add Another Policy. The Policy #2: New Insurance section opens.
- Enter Secondary Insurance Information.
- Plan Name: Enter the first 2-3 letters of the insurance plan name in the field provided and and select it from the auto-populated list.
- Enter the Policy Number, Group Number, insurance plan Phone Number, Copay Amount, and Deductible Amount as shown on the patient's insurance card.
- Enter the Policy Effective and Policy End dates, if available.
- Patient's Relationship: The relationship is set to Self by default. If the patient's relationship to the primary policy holder is other than Self, click to select the relationship to the policy holder. Then enter the insured's information in the fields provided.
- Eligibility: Billing module subscribers, click Check Eligibility. The Check Eligibility pop-up window opens. Select the patient's provider and click Run Eligibility Check. The pop-up window closes and the current status displays next to Eligibility.
- Notes: Enter any notes about the policy (optional).
- Status: The policy status is set to Active by default.
- Click Save Policy. The new policy displays under Policy #1.
- Click + Add Another Policy to add additional policies.
- If applicable, add insurance authorization or a formulary plan for the new policy
- Click Save & Finish when all information is added.