Add Patient Drug Formulary
- Last updated
Save as PDF
A formulary is a list of prescription drugs covered by a drug benefit plan. Patients pay co-pays for drugs that are on formulary. For drugs that are not on formulary, patients must pay a larger percentage of the cost of the drug. When a formulary plan has been added to a patient's record, it supports the provider in prescribing the most appropriate, cost-effective medications.
Access Patient Insurance Case
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name or date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy) in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's record opens to the Face Sheet.
- Click Account. The Account page opens.
- Click the Insurance tab. The Insurance page opens.
- Click Edit. The Edit Insurance Case page opens.
Add Formulary Plan
- Click the Other info tab under the policy.
- Click Edit. The Formulary Plan editor opens.
- Enter the first 2-3 letters of the Formulary Plan name and select it from the auto-populated results.
- To remove the formulary plan, select the Formulary Plan Name, then press Delete on the keyboard.
- Click Save Other Info.
- Click Save & Finish.