Navigate the Agenda
- Last updated
Save as PDF
When you log into Kareo, the Agenda provides an efficient interface to manage daily patient appointments, access high-priority tasks, and navigate to other sections in the system.
The Agenda displays patient appointments for the day and allows you to manage the entire appointment workflow — from check-in to checkout — including running insurance eligibility checks and collecting patient payments.
Navigate the Agenda
- Kareo module icons display on the left of the top navigation bar.
- An icon displays in color when a module is active on the practice account, or shows grayed out if inactive.
Note: Modules subscriptions are provider based. If your practice has multiple providers, an icon may display in color for all users once a module is activated for a single provider. However, the module features will only be available to the subscribing provider.
- Hover over an icon to view module functions and navigate to other sections in the system.
- Use the top search box to quickly find a patient record.
- Hover over the clock icon to view the last six patients accessed.
- Click the envelope icon to access Kareo Messaging.
- Hover over the User icon to view your user name and Kareo ID, access settings, connect to the Solution Center, or sign out of the system.
- Click to navigate to a specific date.
- If your practice has multiple locations, providers/staff, click the drop-down arrows to show appointments for a specific location or provider/staff member.
- Click on a tab to view patients as they move through the appointment flow.
- Scheduled: Shows patients scheduled for the day who have not yet arrived.
- In Office: Shows patients for the day with an appointment status of Arrived, Ready, or Roomed.
- Finished: Shows patients for the day with an appointment status of Checked Out, Rescheduled, Canceled, or No Show.
- Outstanding Items: Click to access high priority task that require your attention.
- eRx Requests (Clinical subscribers).
- Labs/Studies (Clinical subscribers).
- Flagged Messages from the message center.
- Open Notes (Clinical subscribers).
- Tentative Appointments made through online booking (Engage subscribers).
- Direct Inbox messages from other providers (Clinical subscribers).
- Intake Forms Pending Review submitted by patients (Engage subscribers).
- Run Eligibility Check for All: Available for Billing subscribers, click to check primary insurance eligibility for all patients scheduled that day.
- Click +Appointment to open the calendar and schedule an appointment.
- Click the Print drop-down to select the following options:
- Daily Schedule: print patient appointments for the day.
- Encounter Forms by Last Name: Print paper encounter forms sorted by the patient's last name.
Note: A provider-specific encounter form must be added to the desktop application (Billing subscribers only).
- Encounter Forms by Time: Print paper encounter forms sorted by the appointment time (Billing subscribers only).
Note: A provider-specific encounter form must be added to the desktop application.
- Patient Balances: Print statements for patients with a balance who are scheduled that day (Billing customers only).
- View real-time appointment details.
- Use Quick Links to subscribe to additional Kareo Modules, complete setup of key areas for your account, access training and support, and more.
- Click on a patient name to open and view the appointment card.
- Hover over an insurance icon to view eligibility status.
- Click Mark as Arrived or Mark as Ready to advance the patient's appointment flow.
- More Options:
- Move the patient through the appointment flow by selecting Mark as Arrived, Mark as Ready, Room, or Checkout.
- Change appointment status with Mark as No Show or Mark as Rescheduled.
- Edit Appointment details or Cancel Appointment.
- Note the appointment with Mark as Scheduled, Mark as Reminder Sent, or Mark as Confirmed.
- Open the Charge Capture, Collect Payment windows , or Print Encounter Form for this appointment (Billing subscribers only).
- View alerts added to the patient record.
- Review patient information:
- Contact: Shows the phone number, email, and address in the patient's record.
- Appt Notes: Displays any notes entered for the appointment.
- Case: Name of case and insurance(s) entered in the patient's chart and the patient insurance eligibility displays (Billing subscribers only).
- Authorizations: Displays the authorization numbers from the case selected.
- Balance/Credit: Displays the amount that is the patient's responsibility to pay in red or if the patient has an account credit, the amount will show in green. If the Patient Payment feature is activated on your account, you can take a credit card payment from the patient (Billing subscribers only).
- Patient Intake: Display the patient intake form status (Engage subscribers).
- View Patient Record: Click to open the patient's record.
- Create Clinical Note: Click to begin a SOAP note or click the drop-down arrow to select a note type from the menu (Clinical subscribers only).