You can attach a task to several types of records in your practice: Patient records, appointments, encounters and payments. Attaching a task to one of these records indicates that the work item is related to a specific record.
To attach a task to a record
- Open a record that supports task attachments; such as a patient record, appointment, encounter or payment.
- Click the Tasks tab.
- Click Add on the right of the window. This opens the New Task window.
- Enter information:
- Assigned To: Optional. Click the Assigned To button to select a user to assign the task to or leave blank to indicate anyone can complete the task.
- Subject: Enter a descriptive subject for the task.
- Due Date: Enter the date the task is due.
- Priority: Select a priority (1-10) with 1 being the highest priority and 10 being the lowest.
- Status: Select the current status of the task from the drop-down menu.
- Related To: If you want to associate the task with a specific record, select the type of record from the drop-down menu. A related button will appear; select the record to which you want to attach the task. Or select "None".
- Type: Select the type of work required to complete this ask from the drop-down menu.
- Comment: Add any notes, if desired.
- Click Save.