To add a service location
- Click Settings > Service Locations.
- In the Look For search bar, enter all or part of a keyword and click Find Now.
Note: To avoid duplication, a best practice is to first search the service location database to see if the service location already exists in the system.
- If the service location is not in the system, click New at the bottom.
- In the New Service Location window, enter the location details. See below.
- Click Save.
- Internal Name: The name you enter here will only appear in the Kareo system.
- NPI: If applicable, enter the National Provider Identifier (NPI) number associated with this service location.
- Override EIN?: Check this box if you need to send claims for this service location with a different EIN than what was entered for the practice. Enter the alternate EIN in the EINfield.
- Time Zone: Select the service location's time zone from the drop-down list.
- Legacy Number Type: "LU Location Number" is selected by default and is appropriate for most cases; leave the Legacy Number field blank. If you want to change this, choose from the drop-down list and enter the appropriate number in the Legacy Number field.
- Billing Name/Address: Enter the billing name to display on claims. Enter the service location's address; it must be a physical location (not a PO Box) and include a 9-digit zip code.
- Phone/Fax: Enter the phone and fax numbers of the service location.
- Professional Claims Only: Select the Place of Service from the drop-down list; this list is provided by Kareo.
- Institutional Claims Only: Select the Type of Bill from the drop-down menu. Enter a Pay-To Name,Address and Phone/Fax if different than Billing Name and Address above; be sure to include a 9-digit zip code.
- Enter the CLIA Number if required. The CLIA number must be uppercase and in the following 10-digit format: 11A1111111.