Practice information is entered during the Practice Setup Wizard. However, you can review and edit the information at any time.
To edit practice information
- Choose one of the following to open the Practice Information:
- If you have multiple practices: Click Settings > Company > Find Practice and continue to step 2.
- If you have one practice, click Settings > Practice Information. The Practice Information window opens. Continue to step 5.
- In the Look For search bar, enter all or part of a keyword.
- Click Find Now.
- Once you find the practice, double-click to open it. The Edit Practice window opens.
- Enter desired changes in the Practice Information/Edit Practice window. (See details in image below.)
Note: If any of field is disabled (grayed out), you will need to contact your Kareo company administrator.
- When finished, click Save.
- Group NPI: The Group NPI will populate Box 33a of the claim form.
- EIN: The EIN will populate Box 25 of the claim form.
- Contact Information: The address and phone number will populate Box 33 of the claim form. The address entered must be a physical location (not a PO Box) and must include a 9-digit zip code. Click Address and enter the information in the pop-up window; this will ensure that the practice address is formatted correctly within the Kareo PM. Other fields in this section are optional and are for internal use.
- Administrator: Optional. Can be used for the Return Address or Remit Address for patient statements - for example, if you prefer your patient statement remittances to go to a PO Box or to an address other than the one entered under Contact Information.
- Billing Contact: Contact information applies to all electronic claim submissions to ensure your payers have the correct point-of-contact, including phone number. Can be used for the Return Address or Remit Address for patient statements - for example, if you prefer your patient statement remittances to go to a PO Box or to an address other than the one entered under Contact Information.
- Notes: Optional.
- kFax #: Get or release a kFax number. See kFax Number.