Appointment Options enables you to configure global default appointment settings for a practice. You can set up office hours, configure appointment time increments, and enable automatic appointment reminders, color coding and timeblock rules. These settings affect all locations and resources within the practice.
To set appointment options
- Click Settings > Options > Appointment Options in the top menu. The Edit Appointment Options window opens.
- Select settings:
- Calendar Office Hours: Select the Appointment Scheduler start and end times.
Note that any timeblocks set up in the Timeblock Calendar will override these times.
- Daily Calendar: Select options for how you want the calendar to appear.
- Timeblock Rules: Check the box to enforce timeblock rules; this means that if a user attempts to save a new appointment that breaks a timeblock rule, the system will display a message that a timeblock rule has been broken and will not allow the user to save the appointment.
- Appointment Reminders
- Phone (not available with all plans): Check the box to enable phone appointment reminders for one or more practices.
Note that patients must also be “opted in” on their patient record to receive a call reminder and must have a 10-digit home or cell phone number entered on their record. See Patient Records.
- Email: Check the box to enable email appointment reminders for one or more practices.
Note that patients must also be "opted in" on their patient record to receive an email reminder and must have a valid email address entered on their record. See Patient Records.
- CC Email Recipients: If you want to send copies of appointment reminders to other recipients, enter the email addresses in the box, separated by semicolons.
- Click Save.