To set up insurance plans
- Click Settings > Insurance > Find Insurance Plan.
Note: To avoid duplication, a best practice is to first search the insurance database to see if the insurance plan already exists in the system.
- If the insurance plan is not in the system, click New at the bottom.
- Enter the information for the insurance plan. See below.
- Click Save.
- Insurance Company: Click to select the insurance company associated with the plan.
Note: If the insurance company is not included in the list of companies, you can add a new insurance company before continuing, see New Insurance Company.
- Plan Name: Enter the name of the plan (e.g., PPO, HMO, etc.)
- Address: This field is required to send electronic and paper claims. It is the remit to address where claims should be sent.
- Contact for Questions about Claims or Coverage (optional): Enter the contact information for this plan if available.
- List Administration: This feature is for companies that have one Kareo account but manage multiple practices. At the Scope field, select if this insurance plan applies to one or more practices. "Practice Specific" is the default and means the insurance plan is available only to the practice you are logged into. "All Practices" means the insurance plan is available to all practices associated with an account (company).
- Created By: The system tracks who created the record and will display this information when this record is accessed in the future.
- Notes (optional): Enter any notes for your records regarding this insurance plan.