Departments are used to categorize providers to better track financial data related to the specific departments you create.
To create a new department
- Click Settings >Departments.
- In the Look For search bar, enter all or part of a keyword and click Find Now.
Note: To avoid duplication, a best practice is to first search the department database to see if the department already exists in the system.
- If the department is not in the system, click New at the bottom.
- On the New Department window, enter the department name in the Name field.
- Enter a description, if desired, in the Description field.
- Click Save.
- Once you set up one or more departments, remember to assign them to the provider records as applicable.