To assist in staff management and patient privacy, the Log tab on a patient record provides the tracking of key changes made to the record. Anytime a change is made to a patient record, the log will record the following:
- Time: The date and time the action was performed
- User: The user who performed the action
- Description: A brief description of the action
To view the patient log
- Click Patients > Find Patients in the top menu.
- Once you find the patient record, double-click to open it.
- Click the Log tab.
If any changes were made to the patient record, a list of changes will be shown. Click on the expansion arrow by each line of action to view additional information on specifically what was changed. For example, if the address for a patient had been updated, both the old and the new address would be shown so that you can easily compare the data.