Create Workers' Compensation Case
- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Workers' Compensation tab on a patient case is used to add workers' compensation information. The Workers' Compensation tab appears when certain payer scenarios for the case are selected (for example, Workers' Compensation).
Create a Workers' Compensation Case
- Click Patients on the top menu and select Find Patients.
- Locate and double click on the patient name. The Edit Patient window opens.
- Click the Cases tab. The patient's case list opens.
- Click Add on the right of the window. The New Case window opens.
- Enter "Workers' Comp" or "WC" and the date of the case in the Name field.
- Choose the appropriate Workers' Comp option from the Payer Scenario drop-down menu. The Attorneys and Workers' Compensation tabs appear at the top of the window.
- Delete any existing insurance policies by clicking on the policy to select it, then clicking Remove.
- Click Add to add the workers' comp case insurance policy. The Select Insurance Plan window opens.
- Click on the workers' comp insurance plan to select it and click OK at the bottom of the window. If the plan is not in the list, click New at the bottom of the window to add a new insurance plan.
- Once a plan is selected or created, the New Insurance Policy window opens. Enter required information in the Policy field and click Save at the bottom. The New Case window re-opens.
- Click the Condition tab at the top of the window and enter required information.
- Click the Workers' Compensation tab.
- Click Workers' Comp Office Name to open the Find Workers' Compensation Office window. Double click on the desired worker's compensation office in the list to select it. If the office is not in the list, click New at the bottom of the window to add a workers' compensation office.
- Enter the case number assigned to the patient in the Workers' Comp Case Number field.
- Click Save. The Edit Patient window opens.
- Click Save.