On the Account tab of a patient record you can view patient charges, transactions, payments, statements, appointments and encounters. You can add notes and attach them to individual charges, the patient journal or to patient statements.
To view account information
- On the patient record, click the Account tab.
- Case: The default case is displayed. If there is more than one case, select the case you want to view.
- Show: Select the activity you want to view - Charges Summary, Transactions Detail, Recent Payments, Recent Statements, Recent Appointments or Recent Encounters.
- From/To: Default is "None" and shows all dates. Or filter by selecting specific dates.
- Provider: Select the provider related to the activity you want to view.
- Status/Transactions: When viewing the Charges Summary, you can filter activity by status. When viewing the Transactions Detail, you can filter by specific transactions.
- Notes: On the Charges Summary, items checked indicate a note has been attached.
- Bottom menu bar:
- Open: To open an item, click once on it and click Open; or double-click on the item.
- Add Note: Click to add a note. Click once on a line item to highlight it, type note, select options, click OK. Options appear depending on the activity you are viewing:
- Add note to charge: Appears on the transactions detail.
- Add note to patient journal: Appears on both the transactions detail and Notes section of the General tab on the patient record.
- Add note to next patient statements: Appears on all future statements until removed. Message should not exceed 250 characters.
- Change Collection Category: Click and select from the drop-down menu, then click OK. New collection category will display on top right of the window.
- Note: Collection categories are predefined. See section Collection Categories Setup.
- Print Report: Appears when viewing Charges Summary or Transactions Detail. Prints a report based on your filtering selections.
- Reprint Claim: Appears when viewing Transactions Detail. Select a recently printed paper claim and click Reprint Claim.
- Note: Disabled if you do not have permission from your Kareo application administrator.