1. Scheduling an Appointment
- Open the Calendar to schedule appointment:
- Add patient, if new patient:
- Verify phone number and address, update if necessary.
- Select service location.
- Enter visit reason and any notes about the appointment.
- Select resources, if applicable.
- Verify insurance (case), update if necessary.
- Add authorization, if necessary.
- Update appointment start/end time, if necessary.
- Check eligibility while patient is on the phone.
- Remind patient to bring in copay/coinsurance at time of visit.
2. One to Three (1-3) Days Prior to Appointment
- Run eligibility check, if it has not been run yet.
- Verify if additional information is required for appointment (authorizations, referrals, etc.). If needed, be sure to obtain all required documents prior to appointment.
- Confirm appointment and remind them to bring copay/coinsurance.
- If new patient, remind them to bring new patient paperwork.
3. Day of Appointment
- Before seeing any patients, complete the following:
4. Check-In Patient
- Change status to check-in.
- Existing Patients:
- Verify/update insurance information.
- Obtain a copy of new insurance card front and back, if applicable.
- New Patients:
- Collect new patient paperwork (examples below)
- Obtain a copy of insurance card, front and back.
- Obtain a copy of drivers license or some form of identification.
- Collect copay/coinsurance/payment on account and issue receipt, if desired.
5. Scan Documents to individual Patient Chart (Optional)
- Scan all new or updated documents to a file located on your computer.
- Upload to patients chart.
- After scanning, place in a pile to be scanned together as a batch at the end of the day.
6. Check-Out Patient
- Collect any additional payment due.
- Schedule follow up appointment, if necessary.
- Change status to Check-out.