From the Find Encounter window, you can do any one of the following:
Note: Some of the tasks listed below are based on the permissions given to you by your Kareo Account Administrator.
- Create and submit a new encounter; see New Encounter.
- Find an existing encounter; see Find Encounter.
- Edit and submit or approve an encounter that is in the "Draft", "Review" or "Rejected" stage; see Edit Encounter.
- Review and approve an encounter that is in the "Review" stage; see Approve Encounter.
- Reject an encounter that is in the "Review" stage; see Reject Encounter.
- Delete an encounter that’s in the "Draft", "Review" or "Rejected" stage; see Delete Encounter.
To track encounters
- Click Encounters > Find Encounter in the top menu.
- The Find Encounter window organizes encounters based on where they are in the encounter process; click a tab to view a list of encounters that are in one of the below stages:
- All: All encounters.
- Draft: Entered but not yet completed. There may be a delay in submitting these encounters due to missing information, etc. Any items in the draft stage will need to be completed before they can be submitted for approval.
- Review: Submitted and ready for review and approval.
- Approved: Reviewed and approved.
- Rejected: Encounters that need clarification or corrections. It is recommended to note the reason for the rejection in the Notes section under the General tab of the encounter record.
- Unpayable: Encounters that do not get billed to an insurance company or a patient. For more information on these types of encounters, see Unpayable Encounters.