Upload Daily Batch Documents
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Uploading documents into Kareo is an easy way to transfer information to the Managed Billing Team. Documents should be scanned and saved to your computer in one of four batch types (Charges, Payments, A/R, or Copay) and then uploaded into Kareo at the end of each day.
Upload a Daily Document Batch
- Scan all related pages (including the appropriate cover sheet for the batch type) and save them in a single file and save it on your computer.
- A Charge batch should include:
- All patient demographics (including copies of patient IDs, insurance cards, authorizations and referrals)
- All paper superbills or hospital rounds sheets
- Corresponding appointment or daily copay log
- Charges Cover Sheet
- A Payment batch should include:
- All paper payment correspondence (EOBs) from insurance and patients
- Copies of paper checks from insurance payers and patients
- Payment batch tally for the above items
- Refund Requests
- EOB Cover Sheet
- An A/R batch should include:
- Any non-payment claim correspondence from insurance received through the mail
- Signed insurance settlement agreements
- Any request for medical record requests pertaining to an open claim
- MISC Cover Sheet
- A Copay batch should include:
- Daily copay log (for practices submitting electronic charges and demographics)
- OTC Copay Log
Note: Scan pages at minimum resolution and save in PDF or TIFF format. No more than 50 pages should be included per file to minimize the opportunity for scanning errors. Once scanning is complete, review the document to verify page count and ensure pages are legible.
- Click Documents on the top menu and select Upload Billing Document. The Billing Document window opens.
- Click to select the appropriate document batch Type. Batch requirement reminders display on the right based on the selection.
- Click Browse for files and upload the file from your computer.
- Click Upload. The Upload Billing Document window closes and the Find Document page opens.
The uploaded file displays on the Find Document page.
- ID: The file ID number assigned by Kareo.
- Created: The date the file was uploaded.
- Label: The label selected upon upload displays.
- Name: Kareo assigns a name to the document based on the batch Type that was selected.
- Status: New displays in the status column.
- Notes: Shows the original file name as it was saved on your computer.