For convenience, a patient appointment can be set at the time of creating a new patient record.
To create a new patient appointment
1. On the New Patient window, click Save & Schedule. This saves the new patient record and opens the Appointment Details window.
2. Complete the appointment details. See below.
3. When finished entering the appointment details, click Save.
- Type: Click to select Patient Appointment.
- Patient: The patient's name displays.
Location: Select a location from the drop-down list.
- Reasons: Optional. Select a reason from the drop-down list, then click Add. To remove a reason, right-click on the reason and click Delete. Note: A list of appointment reasons is only available if one has been set up. See Add Appointment Reasons.
Resources: Select one or more resources from the drop-down list you want to schedule for this appointment and click Add. To remove a resource, right-click on the resource and click Delete.
- Confirmation Status: "Scheduled" is selected by default. If you choose, select another option from the drop-down menu; these statuses can be used to track appointment work flow.
- Case: Click to add one or more cases if not yet recorded on the record.
- Authorization: If an authorization number assigned by the patient’s insurance company has already been entered, that number will appear here. If required for the visit, click the Authorization button to select it (double-click to select).
- Date/Time: Select the start and end date/times.
- Recurrence: Click to set the appointment to recurring.
- Notes: Optional. When notes are entered, a symbol will appear on the calendar to alert staff to check the appointment notes.
- Check Eligibility: Click to check patient eligibility. After checking eligibility, one of three statuses is displayed: Patient is eligible, Patient is ineligible, Eligibility is unknown.