Send Intake Forms from New Appointment
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Users can send patients an invitation to fill out their patient intake forms prior to their appointment through a new appointment, by confirming an appointment request, or when they are editing an appointment. Patient intake forms are linked to an appointment, and a patient will only have access to one link at any given time.
Recurring appointments, group appointments, and appointments assigned to non-provider resources are not currently supported with patient intake. Appointments created on a past date or appointments that are in the finished state will not have a "Email patient intake forms" checkbox.
Note: Patient Intake is available to providers who are subscribed to Kareo Marketing.
Open the Calendar
Open the calendar in one of two ways to schedule an appointment.
- Hover over the Platform icon in the upper left of the window and select Calendar. The Calendar opens.
- Click +Appointment on the Agenda. The Calendar opens.
Open a New Appointment
Click the desired time slot for the provider on the calendar. The New Appointment window opens.
Schedule Patient Appointment
- Enter patient name.
- Existing Patient: Begin entering the patient's name and click on it when it appears.
- New Patient: To schedule an appointment for a new patient, click +Create New Patient to add a patient record.
- Appointment Details:
- The provider, date, and time are auto-populated from the time slot selected. Click the drop-down arrows to select a new provider or time. Click in the date box to choose a different date.
- Select a Visit Reason from the drop-down menu.
- Adjust the appointment Duration if necessary.
- If your practice has multiple locations, select a Location from the drop-down menu.
- Add an optional note about the appointment. Appointment notes carry over to the chief complaint in a patient’s note.
- Click + Add Recurrence to create a recurring appointment.
- Click to select the "Email patient intake forms to PatientEmail@email.com."
- The patient email shown will reflect what is in their record according to the following logic:
- default to sending to primary
- if there's multiple email addresses and a primary hasn't been selected, it'll default to personal email address, then work email address, then other email address
- if only one email address is present, it'll default to that one - doesn't matter if it's primary or not.
- For patients who don't have an email in their record, users will see a link next to the checkbox to add email to a patient's record.
- Click Make Appointment when finished.
An email will be sent to the patient with an invite to fill out the patient intake form.