Navigate the Patient Communications Page
- Last updated
- 10:01, 15 Dec 2016
Save as PDF
Kareo's Patient Communications function saves you time and increases your practice's income by sending automated appointment reminders and survey requests to patients via email, text message, or phone. Patient Communications also enables patients to confirm appointments, which are then reflected in the Kareo Calendar.
Note: In order for a patient to receive communications:
- Automated patient communication preferences must be set on the Profile tab of the patient's Demographics page.
- Messages are sent to email, mobile phone, and home phone data entered on the Profile tab of the patient's Demographics page.
Access Patient Communications
To access Patient Communications, hover over the Platform icon in the upper left of the window and select Patient Communications. The Patient Communications window opens.
Note: If Patient Communications has not yet been activated, you will be prompted with an activation message. Click Turn on patient communications to access the settings.
Navigate Patient Communications
- Click the View As: drop-down arrow to view Patient Communications for a specific provider.
- Your practice can send communications by Email, Text Message, or Phone Message.
- All three options are enabled by default.
- Click on a card to view which patient messages can be delivered using the communication type, record a custom greeting (Phone Messages only), or disable/enable the communication method.
- When Your Practice Can Send Messages:
- Before the visit: Appointment Confirmation Message, Advance Notice Reminder, Appointment Reminder, Day-of Reminder
- After the visit: Surveys, Patient Recall Messages. (These options are available to Kareo Marketing subscribers.)
- Communication method icons (email, text message, or phone) display on each appointment reminder type.
- Click on an patient message type to turn it on or off and access additional settings.
- Appointment reminders that are turned off display with a red border.