Patient Experience: Telehealth Visit
- Last updated
Save as PDF
After a telehealth appointment is scheduled, the patient receives telehealth appointment reminders based on the provider's patient communication cadence with access to the telehealth visit room. They can join the appointment with any mobile, laptop, or desktop device with an internet connected browser, camera, and microphone access.
Note: Chrome is the preferred browser for optimal use for Kareo Teleahealth.
Join Telehealth Visit
- At the time of the appointment, the patient taps Start Appointment. The Verification page opens in a new browser window.
Note: The visit room is available 30 minutes before the appointment start time and up to 2 hours after the appointment end time.
- The patient enters their Date of Birth and taps Verify. The Request Permissions page opens.
Note: Other participants (e.g., another provider or patient advocate not part of the practice), use the patient's date of birth for verification.
- Patient taps Request Permissions to activate their camera and microphone.
- Patient taps Allow to use the microphone and camera for the appointment. The visit room launches to wait or join the provider.
Provide patients with the Quick Start Guide for instructions to join the video visit and tips.
Patient View Set Up
Patients can set up their visit room layout when they join the room.
The patient hovers over their video and clicks the more options icon. Depending on the window, there are several desktop layout options available that include:
- Edit display name: Click to change the display name shown to everyone in the room.
- Maximize: Click to make the patient's video the largest.
- Fullscreen: Click to make the patient's video fill the entire screen.
- Pop out: Click to pop the video out of the grid layout and onto the bottom right corner of the room. Click Move to Grid to return the video to the layout.
Learn more about the desktop telehealth visit room and layout options.
The patient hovers over their video and taps the more options icon. Depending on the device, there are several mobile layout options available that include:
- Edit display name: Tap to change the display name shown to everyone in the room.
- Switch Camera: Tap to toggle between the front and rear facing camera.
- Zoom out: Tap to zoom out of the video.
- Maximize: Tap to make the patient's video the largest.
- Fullscreen: Tap to make the patient's video fill the entire screen.
- Pop out: Tap to pop the video out of the grid layout and onto the bottom right corner of the room. Tap Move to Grid to return the video to the layout.
If another participant shares their screen, the screenshare window is automatically maximized. The patient can hover over the screenshare and tap the more options icon, then select Zoom in, Minimize, or Fullscreen when available.