New Group Telehealth Appointment
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo Telehealth is the next generation HIPAA compliant video visit solution from Kareo. It provides an integrated experience with the Kareo platform. Telehealth appointments can be conducted on a computer or mobile device with up to four participants. This allows providers the flexibility to host multiple patients or providers in one visit room.
Once an appointment is scheduled, send the appointment link to the patients or participants to join the telehealth visit room.
- Chrome is the preferred browser for optimal use for Kareo Teleahealth.
- The appointment workflow is not supported through Kareo's mobile app. To schedule an appointment or join a video appointment on a mobile device, log into app.kareo.com through a mobile browser.
Available for Kareo Telehealth subscribers.
- Select the desired date on the calendar.
- Click New Appointment. The Calendar page opens.
- Select a Provider from the drop-down.
- Double click the desired time slot. The New Appointment page opens.
Schedule Group Appointment
Follow the steps below to schedule a telehealth appointment with up to three patients. To schedule a telehealth appointment with one patient, see New Telehealth Appointment.
- Select "Group".
- Enter a Group Name. This name will appear on the appointment when it's displayed in the Calendar time slot and on the Dashboard at the time of the group appointment.
- Adjust the appointment Duration if necessary.
- Select a pre-set or custom recurring appointment option if necessary.
- Select "Telehealth" as the appointment mode.
- Select the Service Location from the drop-down menu.
- Add an optional note about the appointment. Appointment notes will carry over to the chief complaint in a patient’s clinical note (Clinical subscribers only).
- Provider: Search for and select a Kareo Telehealth subscribed provider (required).
- Staff and Room & Equipment: Search for and select a staff member, room, or equipment if necessary.
- Set the Max # of Attendees, if desired.
- Search for patients:
- Existing Patient: Begin entering the patient's name and click on the patient's name when it appears. Repeat to add additional patients.
- New Patient: If the patient record is not found, select Click to create new patient record to add a patient record.
- Click Save Appointment when finished.
The provider joins the telehealth visit at the time of the scheduled appointment.
Send Telehealth Patient Link
Send the appointment link to patients or participants to join the telehealth visit room at the time of the appointment.
- On the Dashboard, click on the appointment to view the appointment card.
- Click the more options icon and click Copy Patient Link.
- Send the copied link through the Message Center via email or text.
The patient joins the room with the provided link using their date of birth for verification. They can join the appointment with any mobile, laptop, or desktop device with an internet connected browser, camera, and microphone access.
- The patient launches the room with the provided link. The Verification page opens in a new browser window.
Note: The visit room is available 30 minutes before the appointment start time and up to 2 hours after the appointment end time.
- The patient enters their Date of Birth and clicks Verify. The Request Permissions page opens.
Note: Other participants (e.g., another provider or patient advocate not part of the practice), use the patient's date of birth for verification.
- Patient clicks Request Permissions to activate their camera and microphone.
- Patient clicks Allow to use the microphone and camera for the appointment. The visit room launches to wait or join the provider. Patients can set up their visit room layout when they join the room.
Provide patients with the Quick Start Guide for instructions to join the video visit and tips.