View, Edit, Delete, or Inactivate a Patient's Insurance Policy
Save as PDF
Watch a demonstration of the features covered in this article in our Add Patient Insurance video.
Patient insurance information can be viewed, edited, deleted, or inactivated from the Account tab in the patient's record.
Navigate to the Patient's Account Information
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart Demographics opens.
- Click Account on the left menu. The patient's account information opens.
Patient insurance information can also be accessed and edited from within a scheduled appointment.
View, Edit, Delete, or Inactivate an Insurance Policy
- From within the Account page, click the Insurance tab. A summary of the patient's insurance information displays.
- Click Edit on the right of the appropriate insurance case. The Edit Insurance Case window opens.
- To delete an insurance policy, click Delete on the right of the policy's Insurance Info.
- To make changes to a policy, click Edit on the right of the policy's Insurance Info tab. The Insurance Policy Info opens.
- Make desired changes to the policy information.
- Click Check Eligibility to confirm the patient's coverage under the policy.
Note: To check eligibility, the insurance plan must first be added to the insurance company record in your account.
- To deactivate the policy, click the Inactive Status button.
- Click Save Policy when all changes are made to the policy.
- Click Save & Finish at the bottom of the window to record your changes.
| || |