Add Patient Drug Formulary Plan
- Last updated
- 14:39, 19 Jul 2016
Save as PDF
A formulary is a list of prescription drugs covered by a drug benefit plan. Patients pay co-pays for drugs that are on formulary. For drugs that are not on formulary, patients must pay a larger percentage of the cost of the drug. When a formulary plan has been added to a patient's record, it supports the provider in prescribing the most appropriate, cost-effective medications.
Navigate to the Patient Account Tab
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top navigation search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart opens to the Face Sheet.
- Click Account on the left menu. The patient's Account page opens.
Add a Formulary Plan
- Click the Insurance tab at the top of the window. A list of the patient's insurances displays.
- Click Edit on the right of the insurance policy name. The Edit Insurance Case window opens.
- Click the Other Info tab on the appropriate insurance policy. Formulary Plan information displays.
- Click Edit on the right. The formulary plan editing form opens.
- Enter the first 2-3 letters of the Formulary Plan name in the field provided and select it from the auto-populated results.
- Click Save Other Info.
- The formulary plan editing form closes and a Formulary Plan summary displays under the Other Info tab.
- Click Save and Finish at the bottom of the window. The Edit Insurance Case window closes and the formulary plan is saved in the policy.