Navigate the Messages Window
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo provides a messaging system that enables users within a practice to easily and securely send messages to one another, receive reports, and contact the Kareo Support Team. You can also choose to be notified via email every time a new message hits your inbox.
You can access messages from the top right of every window except when working in a Note.
Click the envelope icon. The Messages pop-up window opens.
- Red inbox notification: Indicates the number of new messages received.
Navigate the Messages Summary Window
- See all Messages: Click to go to the Messages window. Messages are organized by Inbox, Flagged, Sent, and Archived.
- Mark All as Read: Click to mark all messages as Read. The background color on read messages changes from blue to gray.
- New Message: Click to begin a new message.
- Click on a message to open, read, and reply to it.
- Hover over a message and click reply to respond.
- Click Send a message to billing support to reach Kareo Managed Billing Support.
Navigate Your Messages Account Page
- Messages Settings — click to enable the following message features:
- Patient Portal: Check this option if you want messages from the Patient Portal to appear in your Inbox. (Requires subscription to Kareo's Clinical module.)
- Notifications: Check this option if you want to receive email alerts every time someone messages you.
- Click Contact Support to send a message to the Kareo Managed Billing Support Team.
- Click New Message to initiate a new message to another user in the practice.
- Click on a tab to see messages in your Inbox, and those that are Flagged, Sent, and Archived.
- Click on a message to read more and reply.
- Click to Flag the message as important. Flagged messages display on the Agenda under Outstanding Items.
- Click the file box icon to Archive your message. Messages cannot be deleted, but archiving them removes them from your Inbox and saves them under the Archived tab.
- Click to open any documents included in the message.
- If a patient is referenced, click the patient's name to open their record.
- Enter a reply to the message.
- Add Reference: Attach documents (up to 10MB in size) or reference one or more patients in your reply.
- Click Send to reply to the message.
- Click the left and right arrows to navigate to additional pages of messages.