1. Scheduling an Appointment
- Locate patient in Kareo, if new patient:
- Create a new record.
- Issue new patient paperwork to be completed prior to appointment, via website or email after appointment is scheduled.
- Open the Calendar to schedule appointment:
- Select the appropriate time/day slot.
- Enter visit reason and any notes about the appointment
- Verify phone number
- Remind patient to bring in copay/coinsurance at time of visit.
- Verify Insurance information, if possible run eligibility check while patient is on phone.
2. One to Three (1-3) Days Prior to Appointment
- Run eligibility check, if it has not been run yet.
- Verify if additional information is required for appointment (authorizations, referrals, etc.). If needed, be sure to obtain all required documents prior to appointment.
- Confirm appointment and remind them to bring copay/coinsurance.
- If new patient, remind them to bring new patient paperwork.
3. Day of Appointment
- Before seeing any patients, complete the following:
- Run eligibility checks for everyone.
- Print patient balance sheets
- Print encounter forms, if you practice is still using paper forms
4. Check-In Patient
- Mark patient as arrived
- Existing Patients:
- Verify/update insurance information
- Obtain a copy of new insurance card front and back, if applicable
- New Patients:
- Collect new patient paperwork (examples below)
- Obtain a copy of insurance card, front and back
- Obtain a copy of drivers license or some form of identification
- Collect copay/coinsurance/payment on account and issue receipt, if desired
- Mark patient as "Ready"
5. Scan Documents to individual Patient Chart (Optional)
- Scan all new or updated documents to a file located on your computer
- Upload to patients chart
- After scanning, place in a pile to be scanned together as a batch at the end of the day
6. Check-Out Patient
- Collect any additional payment due
- Schedule follow up appointment, if necessary
- Change status to "Checkout"